Don't miss out on a great deal, subscribe to our newsletter and get news and offers to your email
Hvannadalshnúkur - Iceland's highest peak
No dates available.
Can not book trip
Please Refer to our private guiding program for more information on prices etc.
Stand on top of Hvannadalshnúkur, Iceland´s highest peak, and cast your eyes over the Vatnajökull icecap, the largest glacier in Europe, with breathtaking panoramic views that you will never forget. To the north you can see mountains rising above the glacier plateau and to the south there are endless black sands being washed away by the Atlantic Ocean. This is certainly an unforgettable experience and an impressive ski descent.
This is a full day tour with a total elevation gain of more than 2000m (6,500 ft.). The ascent to the summit takes 5-8 hours and the decent approximately 3 hours so it is a full day. We recommend this tour mid to late March - early May.
Please Contact us to book your tour to the top of Iceland
Included in price
- The services of a certified mountain guide for the duration of the trip (Beware of local companies using uncertified ski guides)
- Use of emergency equipment and communications
- Rental of glacier travel gear, ropes, harness, crampons
- Transportation to and from Skaftafell before and after trip
- Equipment rental (AT skis, skins, poles, AT boots)
- Personal accident insurance
- Wind and waterproof shell jacket (Gore Tex or equivalent)
- Wind and waterproof pants (Gore Tex or equivalent)
- Base layer (wool or synthetic)
- Ski pants
- Jacket (Soft shell, fleece)
- Light down or fiber jacket
- Gloves (2 pairs)
- Ski socks
- Backpack 30-40 liters (With ski attachments)
- Thermos or water bottle (1-2 liters)
- Ski goggles
- Sun and lip cream
- Ski touring skis, telemark or split board
- Skins and ski crampons (Ski crampons are not optional !!!)
- Ski poles
- Avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel
- Small first aid kit with personal medications, blister kit etc