Don't miss out on a great deal, subscribe to our newsletter and get news and offers to your email
Troll Peninsula - World Class 6 day Ski Tour
No dates available.
Can not book trip
- Adult (group size must be 6 or more) 429.550.- kr.
For the last thirty years Jökull Bergmann the founder of Bergmenn Mountain Guides and Iceland's only Internationally certified Mountain Guide has been exploring the mountains of the Troll Peninsula bringing its splendor to the attention of the world. Born and raised in these mountains as a young shepherd to his grandfathers flock of rugged Icelandic mountain sheep his vision and hard work has now placed the Troll Peninsula on the world map of ski touring and deservedly so.
We have several options for a base during this program and all of these options are surrounded by great ski terrain. Lodging options include access to a sauna along with hearty gourmet feasts made from fresh local ingredients.
The skiing area offers a great variety of mountains and slopes for every level of skier, from those who seek steep couloirs to those who like to let her loose on the big open slopes. The choice is endless and one could easily spend a lifetime exploring the peaks and valleys of the region. After each day of skiing we might soak our weary but happy feet in one of the regions many geothermal baths and catch up on the local gossip as farmers and fishermen alike religiously attend their afternoon soak or simply relax in our own outdoor spa at Karlsá Lodge.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THE 2023 SEASON WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING GROUP BOOKINGS (MINIMUM GROUP SIZE 6 GUESTS).
What makes this trip so very special?
- The Troll Peninsula is a world class ski touring and ski mountaineering destination
- Bergmenn Mountain Guides are Iceland's only company owned and operated by an internationally certified Mountain Guide and the founders of ski touring on the Troll Peninsula over 20 years ago.
- The possibility of skiing a peak at midnight basking in the rays of the Midnight sun in the late season
- Northern lights in the early season
- Skiing all the way down to the ocean, watching your altimeter drop to 0 as you take your last turn on to a black volcanic sand beach
- The cultural experience; meet the people who live in this remote region bordering the arctic circle.
- Experience the exquisite local cuisine specializing in organic fish and lamb prepared by our in house chef
- Ski with Iceland's only certified mountain guides in their home region, guides that not only will keep you safer but also who know all the secret spots that only the local experts would know.
- Bathing in Geothermal pools at the end of each day or relaxing in the sauna.
- The option of doing a heli drop on one or more of the days to access virgin slopes and areas where no other touring groups are able to go and get some extra vertical in.
- Extensive choice of great activities for bad weather days including cultural visits, whale watching, sea angling, hot springs, lava fields, geothermal areas, fat biking, Brewery tours, Beer Spa!, horseback riding and the list goes on.
Included in price (price based on minimum of 6 guests)
- Transportation between Akureyri and lodge
- Transportation in 4x4 vehicles for the duration of the trip
- All food from dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 7 (Breakfast buffet, packed lunch, apré ski snacks and dinners prepared by our Lodge Chef)
- Accommodation in double rooms with shared bathrooms for 6 nights
- Entry fees to geothermal baths
- The services of a certified ski guide for the duration of the trip (Beware of local companies using uncertified ski guides)
- Use of emergency equipment and communications
Not included in price
- Transportation between Reykjavik and Akureyri before and after trip
- Equipment rental
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal accident insurance
- Helicopter drops for touring