Don't miss out on a great deal, subscribe to our newsletter and get news and offers to your email
No dates available.
Can not book trip
- Adult (group size must be 6 or more) 1.500.000.- kr.
2023 Antarctic Skiing Adventure
Dates: October 18-30, 2023
Price starting at USD 15.195 per person (accommodation and ski touring)
Join us in 2023 for a 13 day, 12 night expedition. It is a great mix of international and local adventurers, explorers and humanitarians.
The trip includes ski mountaineering in which guests choose objectives that will take 2-3 hours and return for lunch. Some of the more ambitious teams may stay out all day. At any time, guests may choose not to ski, but rather trek or take part in the other activities offered on the ship.
All ski teams are guided and you will have an opportunity to meet your team in Ushuaia on the first day of the trip. Weather permitting, groups will head up to the local glacier to make sure everyone has their gear and safety equipment sorted and that they are in the appropriate skill level group. There will be a 4-1 client to guide ratio. If the team is a bit larger a qualified tail guide will be included.
Once we reach the peninsula, at each location, there will be ski objectives for all levels; something for those with little or no backcountry experience to objectives that will require crevasse rescue gear and experience. We will ask you to fill out a detailed questionnaire of both mountaineering and ski experience before the expedition. There will be many other guided groups and teams on board but you will not be able to visually see the other teams in the area. There are 10 zodiacs with drivers. All guides will have radios and will be able to communicate with the ship for pick-ups. Teams will have the option staying out all day or returning to the ship for sit-down meals. There is about 19 hours of daylight, so there is a long window of opportunity for teams to go out.
Most ski objectives can be accessed without glacier travel or crampons, almost direct from the zodiac landing. The peaks range from 500 ft to 3000 ft straight out of the water, although there are peaks that do require significant crevasse travel.
The conditions vary from year to year with everything from fresh powder to very hard packed snow. It is a maritime climate, not too unlike Alaska, so you see a lot of variability. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience to ski Antarctica and even if conditions are not ideal guests are struck by the magnitude and unique nature of the experience.
There will be daily visits to penguin rookeries, science stations, and whale watching for those who choose not to ski for a day. We will have an onboard naturalist, marine biologist, historian and ornithologist to answer all your questions and teach you about the history and landscape of this amazing place.
At night, there are slide shows, lectures or entertainment.
Arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina. Meet your guide. Welcome Dinner. Overnight in Ushuaia.
Board the Ocean Victory and set sail down the Beagle Channel.
Cross the Drake Passage. Sperm, fin, and humpback whales, along with skies of seabirds will accompany our journey.
Ski and trekking objectives at Neko Harbour. Zodiac cruises, penguin rookeries, hiking.
Ski and trekking objectives at Anvers and Wenke Islands. Port Lockroy scientific base and museum. Visit gentoo and adelie penguin habitat.
Ronge/Island/Mt. Britannia. Visit penguin rookery at Georges Point.
Ski and trekking objectives in Paradise Bay. Zodiac excursions.Visit penguin rookery and Almirante Brown Station.
Lemaire Channel/ Mt. Scott/ Mt. Demaria/Mt. Mill ski descents. Visit the Ukrainian Vernadsky scientific station. Killer whale and leopard seal sightings.
New ski descents and nature cruises of Charlotte Bay; begin journey north in the evening.
Sail Drake Passage; pass the dramatic cliffs of Cape Horn.
Disembark the Sea Adventurer in Ushuaia, Argentina.
*Flexibility is necessary for all Antarctic travel. This program is subject to change throughout the journey depending on ice, weather and local conditions.
Please contact us for pricing details.
Lower Deck Porthole: $12,995 per guest
Single porthole: $19,995 per guest
French Balcony: $14,495 per guest
Balcony Stateroom: $15,495 per guest
Balcony Suite: $17,995 per guest
Junior Balcony Suite: $20,995 per guest
Premium Balcony Suite: $21,995 per guest
Adventure Activity Options on this Voyage:
$2,200 fee per guest for backcountry skiing/ ski mountaineering
$1,600 fee per guest for sea kayaking
$1000 fee per guest for snowshoe trekking
$750 fee per guest for glacier travel clinic
*Airfare not included
*All pricing per person
Included in the Price:
- 1 night pre-expedition shared hotel accommodation in Ushuaia, Argentina. This room includes a continental breakfast.
- Group dinner in Ushuaia the evening before departure.
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship on embarkation and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation and all miscellaneous service taxes and port charges.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on board the Sea Adventurer.
- Shore landings and Zodiac excursions as permitted by weather and local conditions.
- Presentations by Expedition Team and guest speakers.
- Expedition Certificate
- Photographic DVD chronicling the voyage.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information package
- Use of a pair of rubber expedition boots on loan for shore landings. These will be returned at the end of the voyage.
Not Included in the price:
- Airfares to or from your home city, whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Passport and visa expenses. Tourist entry fees may apply depending on your nationality.
- Any government arrival and departure airport taxes.
- Ski equipment.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel and the Welcome dinner on the evening prior to departure.
- Baggage, cancellation and travel insurance (emergency medical and evacuation insurance is mandatory. Ice Axe can help you to arrange this insurance if you need assistance.).
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges onboard the ship or at the hotel.
- Telecommunications charges