Don't miss out on a great deal, subscribe to our newsletter and get news and offers to your email
Siglo Signature Ski Touring - 6 Days
For this one of a kind ski touring trip we will be based out of the charming Siglo Hotel. All rooms in this brand new high end hotel have views over the surrounding mountains and marina. After a great day of skiing you can relax on the cozy windowseat of your room and enjoy the views in this quiet little haven in North Iceland. Enjoy the outdoor spa and sauna, strolling through the historic fishing village or even some more turns at the local ski resort only 5 minutes away. The list of fun activities to be enjoyed besides skiing is endless and includes whale watching, sea angling, horseback riding, visiting volcanos, hot springs, lava fields and other spectacular natural monuments in the region.
If you want to bring the family along there is no better place to base out of than Siglo Hotel where special programs for non ski touring members of your group can easily be arranged.
All meals are enjoyed in the hotel restaurant Sunna where our top notch chef prepares local delicacies straight from the ocean. For some this tour might seem just as much about culinary enjoyment as skiing but we like to think that it is the perfect blend of world class ski touring, high end lodging and fine dining. For those looking for something even more special an upgrade to one of the hotels suites might be just what's needed.
In the booming days of the herring era, Siglufjörður was dubbed the Herring capital of the world. Ever since then this northernmost town of Iceland has been considered one of the country´s most historic places. In recent years Siglufjörður is becoming known as one of Iceland´s best locations for ski touring. Surrounded by peaks there are endless options for touring and countless runs that will take you down to the sea.
- The Troll Peninsula is a world class ski touring and ski mountaineering destination
- The possibility of skiing a peak at midnight basking in the rays of the Midnight sun in late April and May
- Skiing all the way down to the ocean from summit to sea
- Staying at Siglo Hotel, one of the finest lodging and dining experiences on the Troll Peninsula
- The cultural experience; meet the people who live in this remote region bordering the arctic circle
- Experience the exquisite local cuisine specializing in organic fish, lamb and game meats
- Ski with Iceland's only certified mountain guides in their home region
Exchange rates are available on The Central Bank of Iceland.
- Transportation between Akureyri and Siglo Hotel
- Transportation in 4x4 vehicles for the duration of the trip
- All food from dinner the evening of arrival to aprés ski on the last day (Breakfast buffet, packed lunch, aprés ski snacks, a la carte three course dinners)
- Accommodation in a Classic Double room with en-suite bathroom for 6 nights (Prices are based on double occupancy)
- The services of a certified ski touring guide for the duration of the trip. Maximum 6 guests per guide
- Use of group first aid equipment and communications (this does not include transceiver, shovel or probe)
- Use of glacier travel gear, ropes, harness, crampons if needed
- Transportation between Reykjavik and Akureyri before and after trip
- Equipment rental (including avalanche safety gear)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Single Room Supplement or suite upgrades
- Massage Fees
- Optional activities such as whale watching etc.
- Personal accident insurance
Equipment list for Siglo Signature Ski Touring